Thanks for the visit! This is a personal blog. And it is a blog “in progress”.
Three (3) things:
i) This blog is meant to serve as my digital travel journal. Of my wonderful adventures. My fondness of immersing myself to varied cultures. And my love for photography. From time to time, there would be personal musings about life in general. Poetry would be incorporated too. Or just anything that would channel my creativity😉.
ii) While blogging requires writing; I am thinking it could be a nearly perfect platform to hone my writing skills as I dream of becoming a writer (someday :)).
iii) Blog, travels, photography, writing, people, while they are intertwined… blogging is a great opportunity to connect with like minded-individuals who share the same passion, who is always thirsty to discover new place even if that new place is simply a travel to the neighbourhood.
My work in a construction and engineering industry is always in progress and so, I am. And thus, my travels. My name is Mafey. I hailed from the Philippines and currently based in Singapore.
Traveling is something I could not live without. While I am not a big fan of package tour; I like the “free and easy” way. Although not really easy at times😉. I love the element of surprise, unpredictability and certain discovery. And oh, I am traveling alone! So if ever I would come your way it would be great to meet up!
Where have I been so far?
Whilst keeping my full time job, I juggle with my travel schedules. I am happy enough for taking small steps to achieve my dream of traveling the world. Though it may sound a grandeur dream, I believe in one word: POSSIBILITY. I am grateful for being able to experience around fourteen (14) countries in the last three (3) years. Allow me to share some amazing places I am indebted to inhabit at the time of travel. These are:
1) Australia (Darwin, Northern Territory and Sydney, New South Wales)
2) Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap)
3) France (Paris and Versailles)
4) Germany (Cologne, Dortmund and Frankfurt)
5) Indonesia (Bali and Batam)
6) Italy (Ponte Tresa, Varese)
7) Malaysia (Genting Highlands, Johor Bahru, Kota Tinggi, Kuala Lumpur, Malacca, Mersing, Pulau Tioman)
8) Myanmar (Yangon and Kyite Htee Yoe)
9 ) Philippines (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao :))
10) Singapore (North, South, East and West :))
11) Spain (Barcelona and Girona)
12) Switzerland (Einsiedeln, Gossau, Greifensee, Lugano, Ruschlikon and Zurich)
13) Thailand (Bangkok, Hatyai, Krabi and Phuket)
14) Vietnam (Ho Chi Min/ Saigon)
Where will I be in 2012?
1) Philippines (Manila, Palawan, Quezon)
2) New Zealand (Auckland, Bay of Islands, Great Barrier Island – if possible within my very limited time, and Mission Bay, Waiheke Island and anything spontaneous I could think of.
3 ) Brunei (Bandar Seri Begawan)
4) Malaysia (Kota Kinabalu and Kuala Lumpur)
5) Greece (Athens and Santorini – keeping my fingers crossed!)
6) Israel (Jerusalem – or is it a country itself?)
Hope you would find something useful and enjoy your time being here. Thank you!